Other Assignments

Here are some of the miscellaneous weekly assignments we had throughout the semester. A great place to kick back and reminisce on weeks gone by.

Project #2 Prewrite

My Topic: Do violent video games make people more violent?

Introduction: Address the speculation and myth surrounding the subject.

Thesis: Is there any correlation between people who play violent video games and people who commit violence?

Body paragraphs: Spend first paragraph examining anti video game articles and studies and where they are correct and incorrect. Go on to do the same to other articles and studies that state there is no correlation.</span>

Conclusion: Craft an answer to the question or at least restate findings and leave it up to the reader to decide.

Week #6 assignment

The assignment this week was to read two articles and watch an episode of Black Mirror on Netflix. The articles mostly got into what it means to live in the “virtual reality” of social media where people project a version of themselves that is not real. On social media people get the chance to only show the side of them they choose to, a version of themselves they can filter to their pleasing. This is where the similarity to the Black Mirror episode comes in. In the episode Robert Daley has used his programming skills to create the world’s most popular a virtual reality game but because of his push over nature he has allowed his partner and even subordinates to disrespect him to the point that he absolutely despises them. To cope he created a world of his own that is completely virtual where he can be a confident leader and torture those people who he hates so much. Virtual reality gives us all the chance to escape the world that can push us around but the message of the of the episode and the articles comes through, spend less time trying to escape reality and do more to change it.

Week #10 Assignment (MEME)

After watching Her it got me thinking about the effect smart phones and social media have had on people. More specifically how despite being in a group of people you can still be alone. In the movie this is expressed whenever the main character is in public, he still remains in his own little world consumed by his operating system. Late in the movie this is shown again when he realizes that everyone else is also just staring down and speaking with them. I have often felt this in real life when I’m at a party or a bar and I start to notice large numbers of people just hugging the wall on Instagram despite being in a room full of people to interact with. Or walking through the streets of the city and seeing everyone looking down. It’s become an effect just to interact in the real world these days and I think the movie her is an excellent depiction of this. (P.S. the meme is poorly made.)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=e235184ef1&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1616263354803964468&th=166e1ef536924a34&view=att&disp=safe

Untraditional Resume

That link is all that needs to be said about the content of week 11. I had much grander ideas going into the project but I was limited by time and getting reacquainted with editing in movie maker. However I do think this process has given me a lot of good ideas for project 3 and I am very excited to get the ball rolling on that as well as start building out the website for project 4. The next few weeks is going to go quick but I have a good feeling my projects are going to deliver enough laughs to secure the A. Feel free to watch this too its another project I did but that I’m hoping to bring a much higher production value to project 3.

Week #12 Assignment- Untraditional Resume Self Evaluation

Last week our assignment was to make an untraditional resume. I choose to make into a action movie trailer using pictures of myself and some pictures of places I worked and schools I have attended. Overall I thought it came out pretty good and I had a fun time making it. If I could do it over again I definitely would have made a little longer and added some more video of myself made specifically for the project that really would have made it a little funnier. Some more intense music may have helped more too. Another approach that I could have taken is of course making it a lot more serious, but where’s the fun in that.